Saturday, August 14, 2010

Kodachrome

My sister sent me a box several years ago. It contained an old 8 mm camera and a projector along with another box of home movies. This was the camera and projector that my father used to shoot home movies of our family. The 8mm films were our home movies.I talked with my sister about maybe tranferring them to digital format. When I checked, the projector was broken and the films were fragile and damaged. The whole lot sat around until this summer. Since June, I have been repairing and splicing the films and repairing (rebuilding) the projector. I have roughly transferred clips some of the films just to check the quality.
Today I wait for a bulb, fuses and belts for the projetor. Later this month I should have the film restored.

No comments:

Post a Comment