Monday, January 9, 2017

New Projects for 2017

The New Haven Project
Ostensibly this is a trip into collaboration with Eben Kling and Adam Kology.
Eben is a printmaker and formers student who has set up shop in Branford Connecticut. Adam is also a former student and a Luthier who work and makes violins in Boston. I had wanted to collaborate again with these two since we made a collaborative road trip project in 2008.
 So I wanted to find some thematic core. I know that both Eben and Adam’s fathers have passed away in the last 6 years.  They are both in their 20’s. My father died when I was 29. So I thought that maybe there could be something there to work with in a “let’s be serious about this but not in a sad-serious” way.

Meanwhile, Eben produces a suite of large epic woodcuts 

and Adam makes an exquisite violin in his shop

while I try to finish 3 films that I started last year.
It will be a good year.



No comments:

Post a Comment