Wednesday, September 4, 2013

The Slow Tornado



I have been moving this month from a house and studio I have owned for 35 years. There is a long story about this but the short of it is that I have been married for three years now and have been managing two houses, lawns,  snowplowing and  everything else that comes with an old house. I also feel that in the past 12 years of being in a relationship with Wendy that I feel like I have moved into a period of time where I must measure my energy wisely and focus on getting the work done such that my gifts allow. Right now this means being a good partner and making films.
Yes, I will make some kind of film about the move. It has been hard to do the work and be reflective at the same time about what it means. I have found myself just sitting and looking at things that I remember, marks on a table or shelves built for a specific project and spinning the images of those times in my head, over and over.
I have discovered a lot and will discover more. Things that I thought I had lost, thing I didn't know I owned. I see that as I move this stuff to another place or storage and leave some of it behind that I have generated a very slow kind of tornado. In the way that a tornado scatters things far and wide I have removed these things from places far away and moved them with me until now I am moving and leaving behind and moving so that the things are scattered in the same way,  just slower.

1 comment:

  1. The best, haunted and horrid memories are hidden inside of old homes...uncover with care

    ReplyDelete